Solving Dog Behavioural Problems with the Calming Effect of the Dog Appeasing Pheromone
Unlike other websites, we don’t just sell pheromones. We provide total behaviour solutions.
Part of those solutions may involve pheromone usage.
If you are SURE pheromones are the correct choice for your pet’s behaviour, you can purchase them here.
If you are NOT SURE then ask us!
All we do is behaviour management so we know how to help.
Adaptil: the Dog Appeasing Pheromone
- A plug-in diffuser complete with 48ml pheromone refill
- A 48 ml refill
- Collars for small and large dogs
- Another version that we cannot advertise is currently only available via consultation
What behaviours can be improved with Adaptil?
- Adaptil helps to stop fear or prevent fear, anxiety and stress-related signs in puppies and adult dogs.
- It can be used to assimilate a new pup into a home.
- It can be used to assimilate an adult dog into a new home.
- It is useful for the treatment of conditions relating to over-attachment including the separation anxiety complex.
- It is useful for noise fears and phobias especially when combined with a noise-proof den
- It helps to comfort dogs in stressful environments such as when visitors arrive, in veterinary surgeries and in novel and unpredictable situations
- It is effective as part of the treatment for some house-soiling behaviours.
Effects are usually noticed within 14 days for the diffuser and improve further over the first month. Use the pheromone products of your choice for a least one month. Total duration of use depends on the condition being treated but can be up to or longer than three months. It is vital that pheromone use is combined with other forms of therapy.
Use of Adaptil Diffuser
- The Adaptil diffuser is for indoors use only.
- Plug the diffuser in a power point in the room most used by the dog during the day and don’t turn it off at night.
- Place the diffuser near the dog’s bed.
- Don’t put the diffuser behind a door or cover it in any way.
- Don’t put the unit under furniture – the vapour is oil-based and can rise and possibly stain furniture.
- The more contact the dog has with the pheromone vapour, the better the effect will be.
- Consider housing your dog inside if it has an anxiety disorder or is suffering from escape-related behaviour and place the Adaptil unit in that room.
- By doing simple surveillance you will be able to determine which room is your dog’s preferred Den.
- Consider using a garage (must be cool), laundry or spare room as a den for your dog.
- One diffuser lasts for approximately four weeks and covers an area of 50 – 70 square meters.
- The pheromone has no effect on humans or on your love life!! It is species specific.
Use of Adaptil Collars
- Adaptil collars can be used inside and outside the home
- It looks similar to a flea collar
- The Adaptil Collar will last approximately one month while your dog is wearing it
- The collars come in two sizes – small (to fit necks up to 37.5cm) and large (to fit necks up to 62.5cm)
Advantages of Pheromones
- Ease of use. Plug in the diffuser and turn on the powerpoint. Ten seconds of work for one month of therapy.
- There are no side effects.
- Scientifically proven to be 70% effective for target behaviours relating to anxiety, fears, establishing pets into new territories and other behaviours
Disadvantages of Pheromones
- The diffuser needs to be left in an active powerpoint for 24 hours a day at least for the first month.
- Pheromones are not always a certain cure for target behaviours.
Are pheromones suitable for your pet?
Pheromones such as the Dog Appeasing Pheromone (Adaptil) and Feliway are wonderful products because they are easy to use and side-effect free.
But they certainly are not a cure for all behavioural problems.
If you are uncertain about purchasing pheromones for your pet, complete the inquiry form below and we will review your submission.
We will then respond to that by email or by telephone as needed.