A separation anxiety is a subset of the group of behaviours called anxieties where your dog exhibits signs of distress when separated from you.
While there are many signs, a quick summary is:-
Separation anxiety is a distressing behaviour for dogs but is also distressing for dog owners. Almost always the behaviour is seen in dogs who are adored by their owners and therefore, the dogs reflect that by loving their owners in return. Consquently the dogs are distressed when their owners are absent.
As a full-time behaviourist I deal with separation anxiety on a daily basis.
So have confidence. Separation anxiety in dogs can be remedied.
Your first step is to decide how you want to remedy the problem by answering one simple question.
1. Medical Causes of Separtion Anxiety2. Remedies for Home Alone Problems
3. How Boredom Relief can Help
4. Curing hole-digging and similar home alone behaviours
5. How to Stop Separation Problems when you Move
6. Happy Home Alone Pets – It’s as Simple as ABC
7. Denning your Dog for Home Alone Happiness
8. Homeopathic Products Home Alone Hounds
9. Using Dog Appeasing Pheromones for Separation Cures
10. Medications for Separation Anxiety