Dog separation anxiety cures start here
What is a Separation Anxiety?
A separation anxiety is a subset of the group of behaviours called anxieties where your dog exhibits signs of distress when separated from you.
While there are many signs, a quick summary is:-
- Your dog will show an emotion related to sadness, moroseness or anxiety when you are preparing to leave
- It will show anxious behaviours while you are gone such as distressed vocalisation, escaping, house soiling and other behaviours
- And it will be over-attentive when you arrive home
Have confidence. Separation anxiety in dogs can be remedied
A message from Dr Cam Day (Veterinarian)
Separation anxiety is a distressing behaviour for dogs but is also distressing for dog owners. Almost always the behaviour is seen in dogs who are adored by their owners and therefore, the dogs reflect that by loving their owners in return. Consquently the dogs are distressed when their owners are absent.
As a full-time behaviourist I deal with separation anxiety on a daily basis.
So have confidence. Separation anxiety in dogs can be remedied.
Your first step is to decide how you want to remedy the problem by answering one simple question.
- Do you want a web-based (DIY) solution or
- Do you want a consultation with Dr Cam?
Read what follows – but do something. The anxiety won’t disappear on its own.
Read these barking solutions
10 Steps to Stop Separation Anxiety
1. Medical Causes of Separtion Anxiety2. Remedies for Home Alone Problems
3. How Boredom Relief can Help
4. Curing hole-digging and similar home alone behaviours
5. How to Stop Separation Problems when you Move
6. Happy Home Alone Pets – It’s as Simple as ABC
7. Denning your Dog for Home Alone Happiness
8. Homeopathic Products Home Alone Hounds
9. Using Dog Appeasing Pheromones for Separation Cures
10. Medications for Separation Anxiety