How should pheromones be used to improve behaviour of cats?
Feliway pheromone is now available as:
- A convenient plug-in diffuser complete with 48ml pheromone refill
- A 48 ml refill
What behaviours can be improved with Feliway Diffuser?
- Feliway helps to stop fear or prevent anxiety and stress-related signs in kittens and adult cats.
- It can assist to resolve spraying behaviour in cats.
- It can be used to assist assimilating a new kitten into a home.
- It can be used to assimilate an adult cat into a new home.
- It can be useful for assimilating an introduced cat into a house where other cats already live.
- It can sometimes be helpful for inter-cat aggression.
- It can be helpful for excessive vocalisation and nocturnal vocalisation.
It is important that other forms of behaviour therapy are implemented for long term cure.
Use of Feliway Diffuser
- The unit is for indoors use only.
- Plug the diffuser in a power point in the room most used by the cat during the day and don’t turn it off at night.
- Place the diffuser near the cat’s bed or common sleeping area if possible.
- Don’t put the diffuser behind a door or cover it in any way.
- Don’t put the unit under furniture – the vapour is oil-based and can rise and possibly stain furniture.
- The more contact the cat has with the diffuser, the better the effect will be.
- Consider housing your cat inside if it is a roaming cat or has ‘outside the house issues.
- One diffuser lasts for approximately four weeks and covers an area of 50 – 70 square meters.
- The pheromone has no effect on humans or on your love life!! It is species specific.
Advantages of Pheromones
Ease of use – plug the diffuser in and turn on the powerpoint. Ten seconds of work for one month of therapy.
No side effects.
Scientifically proven to be 70% effective for target behaviours relating to anxiety, fears, establishing pets into new territories and other behaviours
Disadvantages of Pheromones
The diffuser is not effective for pets housed outdoors
The diffuser needs to be left in an active powerpoint for 24 hours a day at least for the first month.
Not always a certain cure for target behaviours.
Are pheromones suitable for your pet?
Pheromones such as the Dog Appeasing Pheromone Adaptil and Feliway are wonderful products because they are easy to use and side-effect free.
But they certainly are not a cure for all behavioural problems.
If you are uncertain about purchasing pheromones for your pet, complete our inquiry form below and we will review your submission.
We will then respond to that by email or by telephone as needed.